Welcome to the weekly variety hour, where I corral my favorite posts from the week, chop and dice them and then present them to you, my adoring readers! Only I was gone for most of the week for the holiday, so you’re getting a shorter-than-normal version…
Sing it, sister!
- Why I Love America. Inga Muscio wrote this several years ago…and it’s still beautiful and relevant.
Health and Fitness
- The New Balance Minimus: The Best Minimalist Training Shoe on the Market. I admit I always make footwear choices based on Eric Cressey’s recommendations…
- Fuel As Rx: What the Fruc(tose)?!? Why it is to be avoided.
- Obesity Virus Shows How Little We Know About Ourselves. Just when you thought you knew everything.
- Going, Going, And Gone?: No, The Oxford Comma Is Safe … For Now. I’m not a fan of this usage of the punctuation mark, but people who love it…really love it!
- Atheism vs. Creationism. That’s it. I’m moving to Iceland.
- International WMMA Review. This is my recap of April, May and June in women’s MMA, on CageQueen.
- I did a very prolonged six-part interview series with Keith Kizer on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in combat sports. Check out parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 if you have a lot of time on your hands. 🙂
- Lots of other projects in the works…can’t wait to tell you all about them!
Have a great rest of your week, and feel free to post your favorite new links in the comments.