Today’s weekly variety hour (where I pull up my favorite posts from all corners of the internet) is a bit abbreviated. I had a very busy week, doing lots of writing and getting ready for a BJJ tournament which took place last Saturday. I do have a few posts for you, though!
- Want To Live To Be 100? Try To Bounce Back From Stress. Adaptive competence increases longevity–another reason to brighten your attitude.
- Coffee Addiction ‘In Your Genes’. Now you have an excuse.
- Is Sugar Toxic? I’ve been asking that myself. A New York Times piece by Gary Taubes, author of “Why We Get Fat”.
- Addicted To The Pulse. When can you make a conscious decision to step away? By Charlie Gilkey.
- You Can Change: A Sweeping Affirmation. I love me some Danielle LaPorte.
- Do Your Strongest Values Hold You Back? Do your values include consistent behaviors that contribute to their highest expression? Pam Slim provides some great food for thought.
Shameless Self Promotion
- I recently spent two weeks blogging for MedCity News. If you have a vested interest in health care, it’s a great site!
- For MMA fans who have been following the Ultimate Women Challenge saga, here’s the latest: Breaking News: TUFF Added To UWC Lawsuit.
- I’m the newest delegate for the Twin Cities chapter of the National Writers Union!
There’s a few other things in the works, and I’ll hopefully be able to announce them next week. Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave your favorite links from the week in the comments.