It’s been an eventful last week of the year. Before I get started with the Friday musings, I wanted to make all my UFC 141 coverage available in one place, so MMA enthusiasts can read everything before the fights tonight instead of seeing the links on Wednesday, when it’s too late.
- Hettes Happy to Have Opportunity to Fight Phan: A profile of the submission whiz for InterMat Fight.
- Fitch: No Need to Dumb Down MMA is an excerpt of my interview with Jon Fitch for Sherdog.
- Resting Easy Under Fire is my full Sherdog profile on Jon Fitch.
- Fight Breakdown: Cerrone vs. Diaz is my analysis for InterMat Fight. Who ya got?
Anyway, onto my musings for the week…
- My gym is awesome. ‘Nuff said.
- Saving a raccoon, which may or may not make up for my 2009 hit-and-run crime against a turtle.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Best movie I’ve seen in a long time.
- Planning on attending the ASJA and FLX conferences this year, if I find hotel roommates. This is exciting. New York and DC, baby!
- The amusement involved in trying to determine if you can judge people’s wealth by the amount of gis they own–like cattle. Yes, I have a strange sense of humor.
- A couple good reasons to read contracts closely: magazines republishing editorial work as an advertisement (making you look like a corporate shill) and dead-beat editors claiming there was never a real agreement. I think I’ve seen it all.
Quotes of the Week:
- ”The ground’s generosity takes in our compost and grows beauty. Try to be more like the ground.” -Rumi
- “Impeccability begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise and sustained. If that act is repeated long enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent which can be applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential.” -Carlos Castenada
Have a great New Year, and we’ll see you on the flip side!