I’ve been traveling, so spending less time digging up good links for the Variety Hour. (Is it Wednesday already?) Just three (and two of my own articles) this time around, but I think they are really good ones.
- On Half-Assed Efforts Jennifer Lawler describes a very poorly-designed handicapped-accessible hotel room. Great food for thought. (Do it right or not at all.)
- Question Authority. Why you need to take responsibility for your own healthy, instead of relying on blind faith. “When it comes to health and fitness information, authoritative organizations may not be your best source of advice.” Great post by the editor-in-chief of Experience Life.
- Enter the Dojo, Episode 2: Destroy the Groin. Just a funny YouTube video.
- ‘Red’ Schafer to Face ‘A-Train’ Simpson at UFC 136. Several months ago, I rounded up the MMA HQ staff and we collectively picked 10 fighters we thought the UFC should re-sign. Apparently the UFC felt the same way about one of our picks, and lined up an intriguing match-up with Red Schafer taking on Aaron Simpson, a very tough wrestler from Arizona State. Should be interesting…
- India’s Medical Device Industry Urges the Country to Prepare for Med Tech. I will be blogging for MedCity News for the next few months. I know that medical devices aren’t of interest to all readers, so I’ll only link to a few posts every now and again.
- Did I mention that I’m the newest proud member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)? The ASJA is a professional association for independent nonfiction writers, and I’m really pleased to be a part of it.
As always, feel free to post comments, questions or your favorite links from the week. ‘Til next time!