Like so many of you, I sat down to write a list of goals for the year to come. Alhough I’ve read debates about making goals and not making goals, I’ve always found that writing and keeping track of my list is extremely helpful for assessing where I’ve been, where I’m headed and which course corrections I’d like to make. This year, my list was easily broken down into four categories: career, home, traning/health and nature/outdoors.
The changes I’m planning on making that will affect the site?
- I’ll be switching the focus to “making conscious living accessible” and make sure ALL posts (be they about food, exercise, neuroscience, the outdoors or something else entirely) fit within this structure. I don’t think this change will be that noticeable, as I’ve always been passionate about regular people (urbanites included. busy people included. people without tons of spare cash lying around included) being able to empower themselves through small steps as opposed to having to give up everything to live in a cave, travel the world or go into debt studying herbal medicine in the backwoods. But the focus will help the blog be a bit more focused and a bit less scattered.
- I’ve written some articles this year that were beautifully edited and looked amazing in print thanks to people who rock with layout. Contracts permitting, I’ll be adding these new clips for editors to peruse–though of course I’d love it if you guys read them too!
- I’d like to continue with the audio interview series, probably about once a month, and I’m working on ways to get clearer audio. This has always been a challenge since my land line is connected to a cable modem and cell phones are not known for their stellar reception, but I’ve got some new tricks up my sleeve.
- I’ve been secretly working on an e-course, which I’ll give details about as they are available. This project has been in works behind the scenes for a loooong time, and 2011 will be the year it launches. I’d like to make it accessible, but would love to raise money for charity through the project so will likely make it available by donation. I’m still working out the kinks…so stay tuned!
- I’m ramping up proofreading, editing and copywriting offerings for small businesses and creative entrepreneurs. Specifically, I’ll be increasing proofreading and editing services since I’m so incredibly energized by the amazing writing my clients have allowed me to put finishing touches on this past year and I definitely want to do more of it, so keep me in mind if you need someone to proofread your e-book or edit your manuscript! I’ll also be vamping up copywriting and business communications. I’ll write more about this as it is developed–so stay tuned.
- I’ll also be switching my twitter account from the very active @treelizard to the up-and-coming @yaelwrites, though this will be a time-consuming process due to my own mis-steps…but it’ll happen.
- Anything else? I’m ALWAYS open to suggestions and ideas about the blog…either hit reply, comment on this post or send me a note through the contact form.