Welcome to the weekly variety hour, where I compile the most interesting, amusing or thought-provoking posts I’ve gathered from around the internets for the past 7 days.
Reading and Books
- Lazy Eyes: How We Read Online. Slate’s Michael Agger provides a very readable summary.
- Three Books For The Grammar Lover In Your Life. They all look so good!
- The Sad, Beautiful Fact That We’re Going To Miss Almost Everything. So many books, so little time.
- Scorecasting – The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played And Games Are Won. This is actually a book, and not a blog post, but it looks so darn good!
- Number of the Week: Americans Buy More Stuff They Don’t Need. Are you trying to tell me something?
Come on, Apple!
- Facts, Schmacts: Apple and Google Build Spyware, But Won’t Fess Up. Say it ain’t so, Joe!
- Apple Activates the Reality Distortion Field: The iPhone Isn’t Tracking You. Really! A follow-up to the above post.
Lead her away from Acting, but not all the way to Finance.
- Tina Fey’s Prayer For A Daughter: A Must-Read For Any Parent Or Those Who Have Had One. My mom sent this to me. You should read it.
- The Paleo Diet: What It Is And Why It Works is my guest post for Simple, Good and Tasty.
- I interviewed Aaron Simpson for MMA HQ: Interview: Aaron “A Train” Simpson – Firing On All Cylinders.
- I just finished two large projects and have some time in May and part of June to take on a couple more–if you need writing, editing, proofreading or SEO work, now’s a great time to contact me and we’ll get started.