- First Ever Zine Olympics! I started self-publishing in ’91 or ’92 and now it’s an Olympic sport? I’m getting old.
- Off Duty Officers Rescue Boy From Pool. Doesn’t that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? One of the two LEOs featured is a Wisconsin-based MMA fighter.
- Man Listening to Highway to Hell Actually on Parkway to Waukegan. Sounds about right.
- P.O.S. Clothing. I totally have to rock this brand. (No, not really.) NSFW.
Fitness and Nutrition and Sports and Health and All That Stuff
- Keeping Competition Healthy is a great post by Val Worthington on Breaking Muscle. Here”s my favorite quote: “Of course, everyone wants to win, and winning is a noble goal because of all the aforementioned benefits that go with it, particularly the fact that we have to bring out the best in ourselves to prepare for and participate in competition. But winning in a way that diminishes us or another person confers a Pyrrhic victory. We make ourselves smaller and detract from our potential when we claim a win that we didn’t earn.” Sing on, sister!
- Sleep and Recovery is a nice reminder for those of us who don’t really care as much about our health sometimes as we do about our athletic performance…
- Robb Wolf Answers Your Paleo Diet Questions. More propaganda for the masses.
- I will be teaching a six week course, From Query to Print: Magazine Writing Basics, at the St. Paul JCC on Wednesday morning. Sign up! And please help spread the word.
- The September issue of the Performance Menu: Journal of Health and Athletic Excellence is now out! Yours for $5 (or as part of a $30 annual subscription.)