Each year around this time, I write a series of posts recapping the year. To start, I’d like to repost my most popular pieces this year, based on Google Analytics data.
This year, I taught a workshop on PR for startups, and put a lot of time behind the content to promote the event as well as the video course. Some of the posts around this resonated.
- Does your PR strategy suck? Here’s how to fix it (without hiring a firm)
- Why your press release got deleted (and what you can do about it)
- How to put on a worksop (that people go to)
I did a bit of self-reflection…
- Four years of freelancing: 20 things I learned the hard way
- I spent a week prioritizing myself (and the word kept spinning)
…and even wrote about some dental work I unfortunately needed.
On a brighter note, I also wrote about some products I like, including some interviews.
- Why you need Draft (the sexiest web app for writers and editors)
- Prism glasses and Buddha boards (my quarterly Quarterly.co review)
- Surviving the zombie apocalypse (for a kit–which is sold out now, sorry!)
I use this blog as a forum to delve into political issues, and this year that included some writing about sexual assault…
..as well as a post in memory of a dear friend who died, and a fundraiser for a local non-profit organization I support. This wasn’t as big as last year’s fundraiser for Children of the Night, to support child victims of human trafficking in the US, but it was still significant. Thank you to those who donated in Chris’ name.
Last but not least, remember that you’re beautiful with this poem!
That concludes the top 13 of 2013. I’ll be posting some of my top posts and articles on other sites (and magazines) soon, so stay tuned.