If you’re like me, you can barely keep up with your overflowing email inbox, let alone the various social media platforms competing for your attention. As such, I regularly compile all of the articles and posts I’ve written and put them in one place, by category. I usually do this monthly, but this edition is a double-whammy. Check it out.
Social Media Marketing
- Go Beyond ‘Vanity’ Metrics With Your Marketing (VerticalResponse). Brant Cooper explains what that means, exactly.
- How To Go Out on a Vine For Social Media (VerticalResponse). Six-second videos!
- How Your Biz Can Break Through Facebook Clutter (VerticalResponse). Mana Ionescu talks tactics.
- Cover Your Business on Twitter Like a Journalist (VerticalResponse). Tara Swiger shares her knowledge.
- How To Email Often Without Losing Readers (VerticalResponse). Derek Halpern keeping it real.
- Infographics Dos, Don’t & Must Haves (VerticalResponse). Wisdom from Caitlin Rogers at Simplicity Metrics.
- After Google Readers’ Demise, Does RSS Matter To Your Business? (VerticalResponse). And some alternatives.
- 5 Search-Savvy Secrets to Google Map Listings. (VerticalResponse). Good stuff from Booyah for brick and mortar businesses.
- How To Validate Your Business Idea Before It’s Too Late (Graziadio Voice). More from Brant Cooper.
- How To Make A Living Writing: 7 Freelance Tips (Writer’s Block). I gave away all my secrets before a workshop at the Loft Literary Center.
- Scaling Ruby on Rails: Practical Advice (Dice.com). For the developers reading this.
- Five Ways To Use Video To Promote Your Business (Freelance Switch). I didn’t write this, but I was quoted in it…
- A Protein Rich Potato Chip Alternative That Tastes Good (Men’s Journal). My blurb on iPS.
- The Best Breakfast For A Hot Day (Men’s Journal). Paleo enthusiasts: consider it a cheat meal.
- Ch-ch-ch-chia! (Costco Connection). And another cheat meal for the cavemen amongst us.
- Marathoners: Train To Protect Your Heart. (Men’s Journal). Sort of intuitive, but good to know.
- 16 Questions With Chris Kluwe (Performance Menu). This one costs three bucks.
- The Serious Side of Josh Barnett (Sherdog). A profile on ‘The Warmaster’.
- Matchmaking Matters (Sherdog). Invicta Fighting Championships building their brand by giving fighters the matches they want when they want them.
- Beating the Odds: UFC 162 (Sherdog). Upsets by Weidman (!!) and Melancon.
- Beating the Odds: UFC 163 (Sherdog). Davis, Parosh and Barrosa.
Video Interviews From Invicta Fighting Championships
I was lucky enough to get to speak with fighters Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino, Leslie “the Peacemaker” Smith, Jessica Pene and Tecia ‘Little Tornado’ Torres at Invicta Fighting Championships 6 in Kansas City. Here are the interviews.