When I look at the posts that go live each month, and the ones I actually worked on, there’s always a big discrepancy. Posts I am proud of sometimes get stuck in purgatory, as harried editors work through the piles already on their desk—in the order in which posts were received, of course. Then posts from the past come cascading into the present, sometimes worse for wear.
Paychecks work this way, too—a months-old invoice that’s three times my rent collects dust, while I’m cashing checks for posts that haven’t even gone live. But the growing pains, that space between idea and print, can be even more painful than getting sponsored by American Express while waiting for past due payments.
In any case, here are 11 things I wrote that got posted this month. Most of them were actually written this month, too. I hope you find something that piques your interest.
- How to Blur Your Search Tracks on Google (ReadWrite)
- New Security Flaw Allows Attackers to Hijack WordPress Sites (ReadWrite)
- How Twitter’s New Abuse Filter Could Backfire (ReadWrite)
- Speaker Profile: Cuff’s Deepa Sood, On Fusing Fashion and Function (ReadWrite)
Health and Health Tech
- Dexcom’s Apple Watch-Integrated CGM is Convenient but Won’t Change the Game for Diabetics (MD+DI)
- Speaker Profile: BellaBeat’s Urska Srsen Designs Health Trackers For Women From The Inside Out (ReadWrite)
- Watch Your Head: Brain Health and Youth Sports (Performance Menu; paywall)
- 10 More Annoying Things Editors Do That Make Writers Want to Scream (Freelancer)
- Feeling Stuck? The Writer Emergency Pack Could Help! (Freelancer)
- 25 Stats Content Marketers Need to Know (Content Strategist)
- Beating the Odds: UFC 186 (Sherdog)