This month, I spoke at Tales From the Cybercrypt, a Jewish tech journo panel moderated by Alan Zeichick, alongside Howard Cohen and Esther Schindler, and Arizona Jewish Life wrote a post about me before the event. Monday Morning Dumpster Dive, my new podcast with Jimmy Jenkins, made it to KJZZ’s podcast page! Check out our old episodes on our page there.There’s also an RSS subscription. My husband and I beat the heat with a quick trip to the White Mountains (hiking! cabins! unplugging due to poor WiFi!), and I started training at an amazing gym with an amazing coach. And yet, I somehow managed to get some work done… Here are nine posts of mine from five different sites that went live in August.
- Interview: Meet Kor Adana, The Man Who Keeps Mr. Robot’s Hacks on Point (Forbes) The writer and tech producer, a former network security analyst himself, explains how he keeps the hacks on the show real, deals with legal issues, and balances the show’s riveting storyline with accurate technical details.
- Mr. Robot Season 2, Episode 5: 5/9 Truth: Wake Up Sheeple! (Forbes) Four tech experts discuss the smarthome hack, two-factor authentication, and Fsociety’s sometimes lax operational security.
- Mr. Robot Season 2, Episode 6: Angela Moss Becomes A Skiddie (Forbes) This episode, we discussed femtocells, Signal, credit card cloners, rubber duckies, and what to do when you get caught committing espionage. (Don’t try this at home, skiddies!)
- Mr. Robot Season 2, Episode 7: What Is Real? (Forbes) This week, we discussed the nature of reality, evil-coin, and the episode’s big reveal. (YES, there are spoilers.)
- Mr. Robot Season 2, Episode 8: Darlene Takes Off The Heart-Shaped Glasses (Forbes) In this episode, we discussed dead body opsec, hacking passwords, conference calls, Stagefright, phone forensics, messaging tools, and so much more.
- Building An MVP That Works (Dice Insights) Determining the right time to release a minimum viable product isn’t easy. You have to be careful not to pack in too many features.
- How VR Will Help Sculpt The Athlete Of The Future (Motherboard) Virtual reality has the potential to improve how elite-level athletes prepare for the big game.
- What Happens At The Gym Stays At The Gym (Performance Menu). The first of a two-part series, focusing on protecting people’s privacy at the gym. (Part two will include technical solutions for gym owners. (This post is paywalled but you can buy the issue for $5.99 or an annual subscription for $30.)
- Coping With Suicide Through Old Chat Logs (Daily Dot) I wrote about what I learned about my friend’s death by reviewing our Google Chat message history.