This past May, I began compiling articles and blog posts I wrote (and other updates) in one monthly post. Here’s the latest:
Last month I wrote about the PR For Startups workshop. Well, now it’s available as a video course! Over 2 hours of information on getting featured in the media, and the price is an absolute steal. Here’s some thoughts from someone who just completed the course:
I can’t imagine a better introduction to public relations. You really get into the kind of insiders’ secrets that make or break a successful relationship with the press. I loved the program. Thanks, Yael! -James Clouser
Health and Fitness
- How Coaches Are Failing Our Kids (And What You Can Do To Help) is a piece I wrote for the 100th issue of the Performance Menu: Journal of Health and Athletic Excellence. This issue is twice as large as our regular issues and available for free, so check it out.
- Learning From Setbacks: 12 Process-Based Lessons is a piece I wrote on what I’ve been thinking about while recovering from a jiu-jitsu injury. Just a couple of bucks for this one, or subscribe to the Performance Menu.
- Minnesota Startup G9MD Brings Social To Healthcare is a piece for TECHdotMN on an interesting emerging startup.
- Rousey vs. Cyborg Just a Matter of Time was an editorial I wrote after driving out to Kansas City to cover 13 amazing women’s MMA fights at Invicta FC 5. (I embedded video interviews with many of the winners last month.)
- Beating the Odds: UFC 159 and Beating the Odds: UFC 160 are the latest two installments in my column on which MMA fighters proved the oddsmakers wrong.
- Home Away From Home is a profile on MMA fighter Nik Lentz, posted right before his fight against Hacran Dias at UFC on FX 8.
Top Posts For May
- Prioritizing Myself. I spent a week prioritizing myself, and the world kept spinning! Read about it here.
- Why Your Press Release Got Deleted (And What You Can Do About It).
- 12 Tips For Writing When You Don’t Feel Like It. (It happens to all of us!)
- What Makeup Taught Me About Selling. It’s not what you think!