- Social Media Tactics for Reporters from the Boston Globe’s Lavidor-Berman. This piece, written for the News Hook live from the Health Journalism 2013 conference in Boston, is a brief overview of social media strategy for journalists, as presented by Adrienne Lavidor-Berman, and Elizabeth Comeau. (Special thanks to Amanda Brandt for linking to it as well.)
- Mnookin: How To Make the Complex Into Compelling Journalism. My second piece for the News Hook from the Health Journalism conference is a recap of an amazing session with Seth Mnookin, author of The Panic Virus: The True Story Behind the Vaccine-Autism Controversy, and Katy Butler, author of Knocking on Heaven’s Door: A Daughter’s Journey through Old Age and New Medicine. This workshop (and recap) was on one of my favorite topics: making dry, scientific material both accessible and interesting to a lay audience.
- Top Trophies from the Twin Cities. My very first piece for Made Man is an interview with Titlecraft founder Edward Reichow. He makes some stunning trophies, and we discussed fantasy football awards, participation medals and the best question to ask when creating a killer trophy.
- AgileMedicine is NE Minneapolis’ latest HealthIT venture is a piece I wrote about AgileMedicine, a startup comprised of doctors and technologists who are seeking to change the way healthcare providers and consumers use technology to access information…in amazing and affordable ways.
- Beating the Odds: UFC 158 is my regular column for Sherdog, where I feature underdogs who scored upsets–this time, George Roop and Chris Camozzi. (P.S. One of my snarkier comments made it onto the site’s Night of Tweets, if you haven’t seen it already.)
- Do Me A Favor? Would love to get your vote on the picture at that link–part of a website redesign project I helped with. Please hit ‘like’ on the image to help us get some more votes for the People’s Choice Award as we work towards the site’s official launch on April 2nd.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments on these pieces–I love talking about my writing!