- Matter’s $2.5 Million Bet on Journalism Startups. My article for the News Hook on the media-based tech accelerator.
- When People Write For Free, Who Pays? Why having rich parents puts you at a distinct advantage in the world of media.
- Facebook ‘Likes’ Reveal More About You Than You Think. “The study notes that Likes that are the best predictors of high intelligence include ‘Thunderstorms,’ The Colbert Report, ‘Science” and ‘Curly Fries.’ Low intelligence was indicated by liking (Facebook pages for) ‘Sephora,’ ‘I Love Being A Mom,’ ‘Harley Davidson’ and ‘Lady Antebellum.’ Researchers gave no further explanation of these findings.”
- Three Ways Facebook Is Ruining Our Lives. I’m still helplessly addicted, though.
- Flu Risk and Weather: It’s Not the Heat, It’s the Humidity. Some interesting new research shows that the flu spreads differently in different climates.
Video of the Week
- WATCH: Anne Hathaway Address Crotch Question LIKE A BOSS. A video of the Les Mis star answering a really unnecessary question in the most perfect way.