Welcome to the Wednesday link party! Boy, are we stocked with posts this week. We’ve got everything from tasteful nudes to feminist princesses and everything in between. Something for everyone! Enjoy.
The Coolest Things Ever
- Anasomnia. Pretty! Hours of entertainment!
- Higgs Boson Gets Set To Music. With musical notes attached to each data point.
- How To Position Yourself To Command Higher Prices is an excellent piece by Ankesh Kothari on the Marketing Show blog.
- 3 Ways Content Can Boost SEO in 2012 is a post by the good folks at Booyah.
- From Topic To Story is a great article by science writer Dan Ferber, which will be of interest to freelance writers.
- How Long To Form a Habit? Longer than you think.
- Super Better. If you’re really struggling, this site will make things brighter.
- How Stereotypes Can Drive Women To Quit Science. Really interesting data here…
- All In The Red: The Debtor As Political Subject. A fascinating take on the subject of debt.
- Confessions of an Extrovert. A nice balance to the “caring for the introvert” guides I’ve been posting.
- Dan Barber’s Culinary Crusade: “The locavore chef on his gripe with vegetarianism and the power of pleasure.”
- The Environment and Meat Eaters. They can totally co-exist.
- Fight For Your Right To Go Paleo. Some more background on the lawsuit against the state of North Carolina, on behalf of Paleo blogger Steve Cooksey (who was told by the state that “his anti-diabetes blog runs afoul of North Carolina laws requiring a license to dispense anything the state considers dietary advice.”
Health and Fitness
- Call Of Booty. An article by David Fleming on the importance of an athlete’s ass.
- Figuring Out Your Life and Lifting Goals. A really nice T-Nation piece by Dan John.
- Dedicated But Balanced. Stop checking the scale every three seconds. By Brad Pilon; for Zen Habits.
- The Weight Loss Mistake You’re Making Over and Over Again. Oh, and stop thinking one cheat meal means you need to have 15 cheat meals. This piece is by John Romaniello for Livestrong.com.
- There’s A Time and a Place For Everything. Kettlebells included. Tony Gentilcore posted this really funny piece about those “all kettlebell, all the time” peeps.
- What else? Oh yeah, some morons are calling female Olympic athletes fat. The hell? And speaking of athletes, you can check out a gallery of a lot of them (tastefully nude photos) at the ESPN body issue–if you haven’t already.
- Lastly, I won my squat vs. deadlift debate on Mixup (the web). Thanks for everyone who voted!
Requisite UFC Post
- Check out my preview of UFC 149, if you are so inclined.
We will be back with more links next week!