As promised, here’s a more recent, non-delayed Variety Hour!
Signs of the Impending Apocalypse
- Encyclopedia Britannica to stop printing books. Don’t tell my grandma.
- How Much Modesty Will Ever Be Enough for Orthodox Girls? (Psst! I don’t wear socks, either.)
Stuff That Makes Me Happy
- How to Be Classy When It Doesn’t Work Out the Way You Expected. The Grace of Loss. A very moving piece by Danielle LaPorte
- Annoying? Yoga? Surely Not. So poignant, and funny to boot.
- Archevore. Not quite Paleo, but oh-so-close.
Requisite BJJ/MMA Linkage
- Ryan Hall: As Real As It Gets. Video and some thoughts on Hall brilliantly using BJJ for self-defense.
- Grappler Courtnie Korpela Talks Tosh.O’s Web Redemption. My interview with the girl who choked out a guy in a tournament.
- Beginner BJJ FAQ. This is bomb.
- I told Zeus about the Dragon Eyes movie trailer, and then he gave me props in this article, and now I’m giving him props for giving me props, like some weird M.C. Escher drawing or going down an extra level in Inception. But really, I just like the randomly brilliant way he writes.
- Weekly Women’s MMA Wrap-Up. My weekly column on Fightergirls.