Sorry, sorry, sorry! Last week got crazy. I had this great variety hour all ready to post, but never did cut and paste the links in here for you! But you’ll get a NEW variety hour tomorrow! Here’s this week’s…er, last week’s.
Freelance Writing and Entrepreneurship
- The importance of getting agreements in writing is a great, short little video by Pam Slim. A handshake is good. A contract is better.
- How to Negotiate Better Freelance Writing Contracts. If I could talk to Maya Payne Smart every day, then I would.
- Step Into the Extraordinary: 15 Ways to Become an Extraordinary Entrepreneur has some great advice for living.
- The 5-Question [Book/Acquisitions] Editor Interview: Jennifer Lawler. Great nuggets of wisdom in here, but they do seem to follow Lawler around.
Journalism and Social Media
- Guardian open journalism: Three Little Pigs advert – video is a pretty brilliant little showcase of how the story would be covered these days.
- 21 Warning Signs You’re Becoming a Social Media Snob. “The antidote to snobbery is empathy.” P.S. I love Copyblogger.
- Attitude Adjustment by Greg Everett. If all gym owners and fitness professionals would read this and take it to heart, the world would be a better place.
- Newcomers say it’s ‘nice,’ but not warm. No offense to all the cool Minnesotans I know and love.
- Kahlil Gibran On Teaching. This is good stuff.
- Sleep, Sleep, Sleep! How artificial lighting and cortisol impact zzz’s. I am typing this way too late, though.
I got to cover Bellator 60 a couple weeks ago, including the Live Results & Play-by-Play, plus interviews with Pat Curran, Mike Corey, Bjorn Rebney, and Daniel Straus. Plus I got my very own thread about why I suck on the Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums, which was a nice badge of honor.
And, as always, there’s my Weekly Women’s MMA Wrap-up (the one I was gonna link to is from March 12th).
Modern Cafe serves vintage liquor Thursdays is a little piece I wrote for City Pages about a local place that I really dig.
More links tomorrow.