Confession time: my browser is absolutely filled with pages I’ve opened and haven’t yet read. Therefore, this variety hour is incomplete. This also means next week’s will probably be stuffed full. Here are my picks for the week:
I was writing about how much fun it can be to block annoying people on facebook, and my friends showed me two posts they’d written about energy vampires. Thanks to Laura Faulkner Canale and David Blocklinger.
- How to slay the drama vampire is from Soul Ablaze.
- Vampires. From mlah.
- Jayke Orvis & the Broken Band – Shady Grove. Got to see these guys play at Lee’s Liquor Lounge last week and took some video. If you like bluegrass…
- Jayke Orvis and the Broken Band: Raise the Moon. (Another one.) These guys are so good omg. Yes, I know I sound like I’m 12.
- Teenage Fanclub – The Concept. Saw a movie that reminded me of this song from one of the first albums I ever bought. The only weird part was that the popular girl liked it.
- Hanukkah Bop. Some punk rock for the holiday by my buddy Cedric, whose band I used to listen to in high school.
- Rebecca Larue: Flirting expert.Some times for the ladies from Saturday Night Live.
- The Best Dismissive Replies by Literary Heavyweights. Some responses from writers to critics who would’ve been really good internet trolls were they born in a different time period.
- Hettes Happy to Have Opportunity to Fight Phan. The two square off on the 30th. Here’s my profile on the submission whiz for InterMat Fight.
- Queen of the Cage was my Sherdog profile on Cris Cyborg, who successfully defended her belt last Saturday.
Gifts for Foodies
Selections I put together for City Pages.
- in honour of the fact that life is short: ecstatic sex, quitting, and wearing your best. From Danielle LaPorte.
- Prep for Facebook’s Timeline Layout: 6 Must-Do Privacy Tweaks. I know, I know. MORE things to do?
Happy Hannukah and Winter Solstice to those who celebrate, and I’ll catch you next week!