- Nation’s 1o-Year-Old Boys: If You See Someone Raping Us, Please Call the Police. How come the Onion does a better job of explaining the obvious than anybody else?
- Michael Buble Heckled By Mom. Well, not really heckled. Warning: tear jerker.
Requisite MMA post
- Lentz ready for tough test against Bocek at UFC 140. He fights this Saturday…
- Mr. Yuk Commercial. Did I post this last week? They don’t make commercials like they used to.
- My Gay Lifestyle “I live the gay lifestyle, the gay lifestyle that is often mentioned by some Republican candidates for president. For those who are unfamiliar with the lifestyle, this is a typical day.
- Damn You Auto Correct Reveals 9 Funniest Texts of the Year. If you aren’t laughing out loud, I worry about you.
- Would You Pay Five Grand to Work at Huffpo? It’s not bad enough to coerce writers to work for free so that you may profit–now they can also pay for the privilege of interning. Oooh.
- This Young Woman Scored $1,200 A Month In Fancy Dinners Using Match.com. The word evil comes to mind.
Movings and Shakings
- Utne Reader is outta here. We know that Kansas is full of awesome, as the amazing Jennifer Lawler recently reminded me. But so is Minneapolis, and so are the kick-ass Utne staffers that won’t make the move. Boo.
- Minneapolis proposes zoning rules to aid urban farmers. And speaking of Minneapolis… this could be a very good thing.
- Bank of America Gets Foreclosed On. Sweet, sweet justice.
- High BPAs: Another reason to avoid canned soups. And canned vegetables. Or at least rinse them off first.
- 7 Foods You Should Never Eat. This is actually from Fox News, but here at Yael Writes, we don’t discriminate! The information is useful.
- What You Eat Affects Your Genes: RNA from Rice Can Survive Digestion and Alter Gene Expression. Might make you think twice before plopping that rice cake in your mouth!
- Taste for Life Magazine: November, 2011. If you haven’t seen my flower essences piece, now you can download the entire issue for free!
- Beware of fancy formulas and slick shortcuts. Pam Slim strikes again. And she knows us so well. Proof in this quote: “Instead of just writing your ebook, you get worried about the three tiers of affiliates you want to cultivate for it. Instead of getting your sales page ready for your January class, you spend 47 hours reading everything Sonia Simone has ever written about sales letters on Copyblogger. Instead of pitching a talk at your local Rotary Club to promote your personal training business, you attend a high-priced seminar on branding so you can choose the perfect tagline and color for your website. Instead of trying to secure a local sponsor for your first live event, you wonder how to get Richard Branson to Skype in from Necker Island.” This post is a good antidote.