One of my favorite MMA sites is MiddleEasy, because Zeus and the other writers do such a great job of proving rambling rants on random topics. It is really quite entertaining.
Anyway, I’m not sure these week’s musings would quite stack up, but it’s good to have goals. Here’s what’s been on my mind.
- I am so sick of being sick. The evil cold/flu-type plague descended on Monday evening and has totally overstayed its welcome, especially since I’ve missed 3 days of BJJ already (and will probably miss at least 2 more). This sucks. I keep trying to think of positives (more time to organize my new pad, etc.), and at least the chills and body aches are gone, but it’d be nice if the sniffles and sneezes and exhaustion and headache would go away, too. C’mon, dude! You’ve been here almost four days already! Anyway, being sick made me start thinking of Mr. Yuk, because that’s how I feel. And then I started wondering, why isn’t there a Mrs. Yuk or Miss Yuk? A friend of mine joked that it’s because we live in a patriarchy. Anyway, all they would have to do is make her pink instead of neon green.
- We’ve lived here for almost two weeks now and I just got around to dragging my clothes in from my car a couple days ago. I guess that shows you where my priorities are! (And don’t even ask me about my comb.)
- It is really nice to go to a gym where you can work out to heavy metal, surrounded by grunting powerlifters who leave you alone because they’re busy lifting. And also surrounded by every piece of equipment you can imagine. I will write an official review at some point!
- I wrote a list of out-of-context solutions to all of my friends’ problems on FaceBook, and it was a surprise hit. Two people even reposted them! Who knew my friends and their friends could be so similar? Anyway, here’s the list…but if you need more fluff and less tough love, feel free to ignore it!
1. Get a new job
2. Don’t date dumb, shallow girls who care which promotion you fight for.
3. Switch gyms or shut up.
4. Dump the MF already (sort of like 2, only different).
5. Either do something to change it or stop whining.
6. If you don’t want to be treated differently, don’t act differently.
7. Work harder.
8. Speak up.
9. Then stop sending him mixed signals already.
10. Quit worrying so much. The world does not revolve around you and probably nobody even noticed, so you are likely fabricating problems in your head.
- And since I keep talking about fights… I’m really rooting for Mayhem on Saturday, but have a feeling Bisping will win. My boyfriend, on the other hand, who is almost never wrong, is vehemently convinced that Mayhem has the edge–so much so that he even mentioned putting money on it. I hope he is right. Who you got?