You may have noticed that this blog’s been down for a few days. I had a Wednesday Variety Hour all ready to go when my internet service provider blocked my IP address from my own site. Add moving and holiday festivities–and starting at a new gym–to the mix and you’ve got a very neglected blog! But I’m right back to it this week–which, incidentally, is the last week to turn in your reader survey to help guide my content for the months and year to come.
Anyway! Here’s my random disjointed thoughts from the past week.
- Despite functioning alcoholics trying their darnedest to convince me that because they are getting trashed, I should be too (an argument, incidentally, which I thought died in high school)…I kind of like the not hungover feeling. This is not to say that I will never have a bit too much to drink again…but it will be on my terms, not anyone else’s.
- I moved on the Friday before last, in the middle of a snowstorm. We joked that moving in the snow builds character. We must have a lot of character. In fact, all of our worldly belongings were recently coated with a thin layer of character.
- Thanksgiving is always a good time to step back and think about what one is thankful for…family, friends, work, clients, gyms, living in a city… I’m also thankful for people telling me which cafes to check out, mp3s for Yonder Mountain String Band’s shows, tickets to Sunday’s wrestling meet and Saturday’s local MMA fights, people who tell me which cafes to check out and $1 sale racks at Target. What are you thankful for?
And, since my weekly musings mostly were in my head as I battled technology and busy-ness, I’m adding two quotes from friends.
- “People are hungry for honesty and straight talk. No one’s starving for more bullshit.” -Fabeku Fatunmise, sonic alchemist
- “I may disagree with your reasons for leaving Ashton Kutcher, but I will die defending your right to break up with him in a press release.” -Barth Anderson