I totally feel like a broken record, since I’m always writing about how tired I am and how hectic the week was. So I’ll spare you the whine-on-repeat and just go straight my weekly recap and musings.
- Finding a really great place to move into. In a city! So I can finally let my freak flag fly once more! It also has tons of space, is really close to things we need it to be close to (like the gym I’m planning on training at, the lake, the light rail, a dozen cafes, etc.) Plus some other fun features (like central air).
- Eating cupcakes for work.
- Eating chili for work.
- Fabio Gurgel seminar. ‘Nuff said.
- Ugh, watching that video of the Texas judge beating his daughter. That made me sick to my stomach.
- Spending Halloween alone. BUT I got to go to this cool party the day before! (You guys have all already seen my costume, too.) I was kinda bummed to not get lots of trick-or-treaters, though.
- Still dealing with a (pretty minor but still annoying) injury.
- So I went to see this movie about Matt Hammill (who’s a deaf fighter, for those who don’t know), and saw this table that just said “Purple.” I walked right up and said, “I love purple! It’s my favorite color! What do you guys do?!” and then realized the table was staffed by a couple of deaf people who had no idea what I was saying. Then I felt really dumb.
- And lastly, I’ve been really annoyed this week by people thinking that female boxers in the Olympics should wear skirts.
- I just realized this recently, and thought it was interesting–the people who have helped me the most in my life all insist that they “didn’t do very much”… Why is that?
- From the “hire a proofreader” department: This past week, I got a message saying that my e-mail address won two free airline tickets. I wonder where it would want to go!
- I thought this quote was cool: “Dance like you have health insurance, love like you have a right to privacy, and work like your tax money won’t be spent on war and corporate welfare.”
- So I am trying to find somewhere in Minneapolis to wear my hippie dress from Horesefeathers, a hippie store in the same town as my alma mater used to be (when I attended). The flowery dress smells ever so slightly of nag champa or patchouli or the owner Lorenzo’s dog. I think once I wear it, my traumatic trip to the former Shimer campus in Waukegan will have come full circle. Any suggestions?
As always, feel free to leave your own comments–or musings for the week.