Steve Jobs (R.I.P.)
- News Desk: Steve Jobs: “Technology Alone Is Not Enough”. A fascinating piece by Jonah Lehrer.
- Steve Jobs, My Father, and Yom Kippur “…our real impact on others is not always easily noticed, or even appreciated. Not every worthwhile life is built upon achieving personal goals. We are all interrelated in so many different ways, that you can never be sure how your actions are affecting others.”
- the grand pep talk: decide to rise (refer to this when in doubt, or sick & tired.) More brilliance from Danielle LaPorte.
- A Message To Women From A Man: You Are Not “Crazy”. I’m not sure this is really as much of a gender issue as the author makes it out to be, but found the overall points interesting.
- Jaclyn Day – Working From Home With all this rain lately… Healthy snacks? Leaving the house? Shenanigans!
- Here’s a picture of Wil Wheaton collating papers. “You’ve been sent to this page because you offered a blogger a photo of some random celebrity standing near some product that no one actually gives a shit about.” OMG. This is too funny. Why has it taken me so long to find this site? “Please know that we will be happy to accept a high-res picture of ‘Nathan Fillion holding some twine’ in return for publicizing your product just as soon as that becomes an acceptable form of currency anywhere in the entire goddam world. Until then, please take us off the mailing list of bloggers-who-are-so-desperate-for-content-that-we-assume-they’ll-write-for-free-about-pretty-much-anything-we-hand-them. We would, however, be thrilled to be placed on your list of bloggers-whose-time-is-worth-real-compensation-and-whose-highly-reasonable-rate-sheets-are-available-upon-request.”
- And then the PR guy called me “a fucking bitch”. I can’t even make this shit up. Now that the Bloggess is my new best friend (in my mind) this makes me so mad! So this PR guy tells her she should be flattered that she’s even considered relevant enough to send spammy celeb ads to. “Please stand by for a demonstration of relevancy,” she responded. Love it.
Requisite BJJ Section
- How to Roll is a great piece by Cane Prevost about how to roll with different people and ability levels.
Requisite Paleo/Primal Section
- HealthWatch: Doctors Warming To Caveman Diet Trend. Took ’em long enough!
- How Forests Boost Immunity. Fascinating piece from Experience Life, which is the best fitness mag ever.
Just MMA pieces this week. I wrote two pieces about Joe Lauzon for Sherdog before his last fight.
- Joe Lauzon’s Unlikely Call to Arms is a profile before his last fight vs. Melvin Guillard.
- Away from the Cage, Lauzon Ahead of the Curve is about his interest in technology.
- Interview: Nam Phan Scores Decision Win is my interview with Nam Phan, after his win vs. Leonard Garcia.