1. Apparently our downstairs neighbor almost had her house broken into. Or maybe it was just some drunk guy pounding on her door. It is hard to say, but I was glad to hear that she is okay, had her shotgun loaded, and the POS got caught!
2. Fights + rum & diet = win.
3. Next morning = not win.
4. *Shameless self-promotion alert* I am lining up projects for 2012! Hit me up!
5. *Shameless self-promotion alert* I’ll be attending Growing Power’s Sacred Soil: Cultivating Seeds of Community Transformation gathering. I’d love to blog about it, if anyone’s interested in guest posts or articles!
6. *Rant alert* I don’t mind bagging my own groceries, but it’s kind of rude of the people at Fresh and Natural Foods in Hudson to not at least help a little bit. Don’t you think?! I’ll be shopping at Trader Joe’s from now on.
7. I looked at last year’s spreadsheets and compared it with this year’s income and, even though I have to choose between an MGInaction subscription and the new sneakers I want, I felt SO much better about my business.
8. I think the universe is conspiring against me by making everything get scheduled on 9/24. Body Tribe seminar at Athlete’s Lab, Muay Thai fights at Minnesota Top Team, Chris Haueter seminar at McCune’s, Bellator in OH, the WIlderness Survival Weekend in Cornuciopia… the list goes on. If I get one more invite to something on 9/24 I will have even worse decision fatigue and will just watch bad movies that day.
9. This is a recurring theme in my blog… Not sure why I’m missing Tucson so much this week, since it’s still summer and I’m sure it’s unbearably hot. I guess I just miss that wide open sky, and the cactus…and cafes that stay open past 10pm.
10. *Rant alert* Things I’m really sick of right now: 1. getting bad news 2. my friends getting *really* bad news 3. being totally helpless to do anything about the bad news 4. being diplomatic
11. *Rant alert* I hate that the guys who change my oil try to get me to buy things I don’t need by trying to tell me that my car will explode otherwise.
12.*Rant alert* Maybe I should put a disclaimer on my site saying that I expressly refuse to: 1. ghostwrite articles without an editor’s express permission 2. trade contact information for money 3. write college papers for people 4. write college/grad school admission essays for people 5. do any work for you that would get you fired, sued or in deep doo doo if people knew about it.
13. If you know in your bones that something is the right thing to do, threats shouldn’t get you to change your behavior. Never back down.
14. Great quote from Danielle LaPorte this week: ”Don’t make it worse by trying to make do with something that was wrong to begin with.”
15. *Rant alert* Dear guy who tried to sell me stuff I was very upfront about not wanting to buy before you conned me into meeting with you by pretending you wanted tips on starting a blog: the least you could’ve done was pay for my chai.
16. Yesterday marks 4 years since I started dating my man. That is 1/8 of my life! 4 more years! Woot woot!