Welcome to the weekly variety hour; my collection of links for the week–most of which seem to have a bit of an edge this time around.
Food For Thought
- Do You Suffer From Decision Fatigue? “No matter how rational and high-minded you try to be, you can’t make decision after decision without paying a biological price. It’s different from ordinary physical fatigue — you’re not consciously aware of being tired — but you’re low on mental energy. The more choices you make throughout the day, the harder each one becomes for your brain, and eventually it looks for shortcuts, usually in either of two very different ways.”
- Do Them No Favors, Tell Them No Lies. Sometimes you need to give people what they need, not what they want.
- Does Marijuana Make You Stupid? Wouldn’t you want to learn? Neuroscientist and author Jonah Lehrer delves into this.
- dude, want to know what will please your woman? Well? Don’t you?
- Taking Rudeness of Our Co-Workers Home With Us. Another reason to be nice to the people you work with.
- Overcoming Loved Ones’ Resistance to Our Lifestyle Improvements. An interesting piece by Valerie Worthington.
- Cruel, heartless comic strip tricks undergraduates into making the worst mistake of their lives. This explains some of the perks that come with getting an English degree. Or don’t.
- Top 6 Mistakes New Freelance Writers Make. Some things to avoid.
More Paleo Propoganda
- The How To Go Primal cheat sheet. Just like it sounds.
- How to dump sugar… for good. I’m trying!
Requisite BJJ Section
- BJJ Survey For Women. This is a survey for BJJ black belt and all-around badass Emily Kwok. If you’re a female and train in BJJ, please fill it out.
- BJJ Going Light Parody. We all know people like this!
Shameless Self Promotion
- Unbowed, but Ever the Underdog is a piece I wrote about Pat Curran before his last fight.