Welcome to the Variety Hour, my weekly collection of favorite links and posts and articles and videos gathered around the web. This is usually posted on Wednesdays, but I’m doing it a bit early since I’ll be attending the Women’s Grappling Camp Wednesday through Sunday, and would like to free up space to write all about it if that’s what I’m inclined to do.
I don’t know about you, but I need humor in spades this week! I never thought I’d be complaining about heat, but without AC the weather has been all but unbearable. I’ve been a bit foggy and spacey this week, either from the heat or from heat-induced insomnia. Then I have to deal with the aftermath of said fogginess/spaciness, which is no fun at all. Plus my car happened to die while picking a friend up at the airport, which was the suck. Among other things. Anyway, enough about that. Here’s some laughs.
- New Study Shows People With Panic Disorders Respond Poorly To Being Locked In Underwater Elevators. It’s true! From the Onion.
- Charlie the Unicorn (Video). Candy mountain! An oldie, but goodie.
- Google Plus Circle/Facebook someecard. This made me laugh.
- The F*ck It Way. I can’t quite tell if this is supposed to be humorous or not, but it made me happy.
- A Real Person, A Lot Like You (Video). Why you should be nice to people on the internet. From Derek Siver’s post of the same name.
- Spezzatino Volume 14: Citrus. This beautiful magazine, available in downloadable PDF form, helps raise money for the Healthy Food Bank.
- As mentioned yesterday, I am offering my services as a ghost blogger and/or Tweeter. If your business needs some ramping up on the social media front, please contact me and we’ll figure out the details!
- Fighters The UFC Should Bring Back: MMA HQ Top Ten The MMA HQ crew put together a list of the top fighters we feel should be invited back into the Octagon. Check it out, and tell us why we’re wrong.
- Weekly Women’s MMA Wrapup. My women’s MMA column has moved to Fightergirls!
- 12 Questions for Miesha Tate. As she prepares for her fight against Marloes Coenen, Tate took a quick break for this interview I did for Sherdog.
- Who here is on Spotify? Do you love it?