Welcome to my weekly variety hour, where I briefly describe my favorite posts from the past week, and list any recent articles or projects I’m working on.
- Liking Is For Cowards. Go For What Hurts. Technology provides an alternative to love. Or does it? A great post for internet addicts like me.
- Success Dysmorphia Viewing success through someone else’s mirror leaves you feeling grossly inadequate–how do we find new ways to define and celebrate our success?
- Five Things Nobody Tells You About Being Poor. Perhaps to provide some perspective for those who don’t know these things all too well.
- Of War and Kisses: How Adversity Shapes Cultures. Fascinating.
- Can Jane Pratt’s xoJane preach to the snarky? Time will tell.
- The Scale Of The Universe is an awesome sciencey site that allows you to “zoom from the edge of the universe to the quantum foam of spacetime and learn the scale of things along the way!” Enlightening and fun.
- Soil Bacteria New Depression Drug? Another reason to garden.
- Frank Mir Is Paleo? That’s good news!
Shameless Self Promotion
- Lessons Learned From My Paleo Diet Experiment is my guest post for Simple, Good and Tasty.
- Shopping For Beauty, Naturally is a piece I wrote on finding non-toxic beauty products.
- The Lost Art of Revision is my guest post for Pub MN about just that!
- I was a guest on Marq Piocos’ podcast. We discussed issues pertaining to women’s MMA.
- For Shimer alums, Mike Anderson is writing up travel logs. He briefly mentions meeting up with me in Milwaukee.
- The new issue of the Performance Menu is out. It includes a piece I wrote on the top ten strategies for dealing with injuries. There’s also an article on pain management, a piece on the power phase of weightlifting and and a wonderful piece on the lessons of physical culture history, written by Chip Conrad of Body Tribe. The entire issue is yours for five bucks.
- Five Steps To Improve SEO For Your Brick & Mortar Business is a 17-minute podcast I put together on the topic–just in case you missed it.