Welcome to my weekly variety hour, where I provide you with my favorite videos, articles and blog posts from the week (with bullets!), followed by some shameless self promotion. Without further ado…
- The 8 Best Examples of Horrific and Embarrassing Parenting on Facebook. These are terrible. Terrible.
- Fuckin Tea is a very manly tea ad. I dig.
- How Western Diets Are Making The World Sick. In case you needed another reminder. From NPR.
- Food: 6 Things to Feel Good About. Thank God. From the New York Times.
- My Favorite Chili Recipe is now my favorite chili recipe, too. And it’s Paleo. From The Clothes Make The Girl.
Mandatory BJJ/MMA Posts
- A Lesson In Street MMA: Never Underestimate The Fairer Sex. A former training partner posted this on my wall, and now I have to share–even though the comments in the video (and in the comments section) are immature (to say the least).
- The Jiu-Jitsu Gunslingers is a fun Youtube video inspired, as they say, by the “high flying, high risk BJJ fighters of the world!”
- 33 Solo Grappling Drills in About 7 Minutes. From Jason at GrapplersGuide.com.
Requisite Posts For Writers
- Award-winning Journalism Blog Post. “Every serious candidate should have a proven track record of conceiving, reporting and writing stellar investigative pieces that provoke change. However, our ideal candidate has also cursed out an editor, had spokespeople hang up on them in anger and threatened to resign at least once because some fool wanted to screw around with their perfect lede.”
- Seven Ways to Write Better–and Better Selling–Service Articles. Even the best writers need to hone their craft. From the amazing Kelly James-Enger at Dollars and Deadlines.
Miscellaneous Food For Thought
- Why Gardening Makes You Happy And Cures Depression. Because it is awesome?
- Knowing When To Display Masculine Traits A Boon For Women. A recent study indicates that women who can be aggressive or assertive when needed–but can also turn those traits off when needed–get more promotions than other women and men.
- Your Qs: Gym Funk, Ramping Up Resting Metabolic Rate and More. Experience Life’s Jen Sinkler rocks, and so does her monthly column.
Shameless Self Promotion
- I’ve been working with MedCity News, a medical industry news service, for the week. You can see my posts here if you’re interested.
- The Beast Sled is still up and running! We hope to make a video at some point, so stay tuned.