Welcome to my weekly variety hour, where I share the most thought-provoking, humorous or unique links I’ve found while scouring the web each week.
- Productive Flourishing is one of my favorite blogs, not least because Charlie Gilkey is such a great storyteller and teacher. Get Up and Take Care of Your People is a brilliant post on what to do when you’re scared and unprepared: in business and in life.
- Shut Up About Your Brand discusses why it’s a good idea to mention yourself less, and others more, in your online marketing efforts.
- I normally wouldn’t endorse Nike shoes, but I do think this series of ads is worth reading: for women who celebrate their strong legs, bruised knees, thunder thighs, big butts and shoulders that aren’t dainty.
- At the risk of alienating my conservative readers (this is a bi-partisan blog), I do support our President and can’t help but link to WTF has Obama done so far?, a site that answers just that.
And in the shameless self-promotion category, I’d like to highlight two of my own posts this week.
- I wrote a guest post for Straight to the Bar on my old jiu jitsu gym, Primero BJJ. It delves into the importance of a good gym culture and vibe.
- For MMA fans who watch the Ultimate Fighter, I managed to score an interview with cast member Nam Phan, which helped clear up some misconceptions from watching the show. I’ll be speaking with Nam each week to discuss the show, so the interview was the first of several.
Finally, I’d like to leave you with a reminder to thank a veteran this Thursday. I will extend my thanks to any veterans reading this that I haven’t talked to personally: Thank you for your service.
I’ll see you back here next week for another installment of the Variety Hour.