Welcome to possibly the shortest variety hour ever. What can I say? Been busy. Here’s two pieces that apply mostly to freelancers, and one for everybody.
- How to Battle Scope Creep In A Writing Assignment is a great post by Linda Formicelli on an issue I myself, along with many other freelancers, have been dealing with.
- The Difference Between Motivation and Inspiration. “We seem to need motivation to get stuff done,” says Danielle LaPorte. “Typically there’s a lot of ‘measuring’ that happens in the realm of motivation. Check lists and goal posts and markers and such. There is often a fear of loss involved. We are on duty. All perfectly natural. But beyond finish lines and well done, is a different call. Inspiration. It is magnetic and progressive. It’s reasoning can not always be reasoned — I just gotta do it. It busts you outta shouldsville into the unfenced field of freedom and possibility. Inspiration is a completely different force of creativity….Follow the pull. It’s the first step toward flying.”
- Why You Shouldn’t Write For Content Mills. In case you need reasons.
- I’ll have some goodies–one in the November issue of Experience Life (squeee!) and one in the Performance Menu. I’ll write about these within the next two weeks… and there’s a few other things in the works… you will be the first to know!
- For fight fans, I’ve got weekly recaps of The Ultimate Fighter over at MMA HQ. (Here’s the latest one, from last week.) I’ve also got a couple profiles which will be posted within the next couple weeks, so stay tuned!
- Here’s a piece I wrote for MedCity News on Envoy Medical’s viral video.
See you next week!