Here’s some stuff I wrote online last month!
- Reddit Cofounder Alexis Ohanian on Defeating Linkbait, Surviving Personal Attacks. (Ebyline) I was so stoked to get to ask Alexis anything when he was in Minneapolis on his book tour. Hopefully this post is valuable to you, as I feel he offers some great insight on dealing with icky stuff on the internetz.
- Lost In Translation: What To Do When You’re Heavily Edited. (SPJ Nwtwork) Originally on the blog and picked up by SPJ, this post was actually in response to a client of mine that took a post and rewrote it to be as linkbaity as possible, in a way that I felt hurt my credibility and undermined my relationship with a source. What I learned in the process.
- 7 Steps To Improve Collaboration At Work (VerticalResponse) Nathan Kontny, the founder of Draft (a fantastic collaboration tool for writers) talks about collaboration in general, and has some great advice.
- Five Financial Traps Awaiting Young Adults (SavingsAccounts.com) Some quick tips for young adults.
- 7 Tips To Manage Your Time And Maximize Your Marketing (VerticalResponse) Good info from Laura Vanderkram, author of168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think.
- Is Tech Culture Really Hostile To Women? (Dice.com) Eventually I’d love to get back to covering tech instead of gender politics, but this seems to be the story everyone wants, so I tried to add as much nuance as I could.
- How To Go Paleo Without Going Broke (Performance Menu) You do have to pay for this one… my piece for the October issue of the Performance Menu.
Bjorn Rebney Explains Matching Clause, Happenings of Bellator 104
Rick Hawn Reacts To Bellator 104 Win
Ron Keslar Talks War Machine Upset
Also check out my TUF recaps on MMA Torch!