Greetings from the beautiful Sonoran desert! I’m chugging a mason jar full of water from my beautiful new home in Scottsdale, Arizona while putting together this month’s collection of posts.
Another update this month: I’m thrilled to be listed on Copyblogger Media as a Certified Content Marketer. If you’re looking for a qualified writer for a specific project, you may want to check out the list. You can even find a copywriter who specializes in the specific area for which you need.
I wanted to share a project I backed financially that I care about: supporting independent journalists reporting in Ferguson on a site called Beacon, which some of you may remember from my own failed crowdfunding attempt. I see this as a very important project, and thought some of you may want to support it as well.
This month’s posts include a few fitness articles for you golfers, and anyone wanting to get the best results in the gym. An older post of mine–originally a print article–got translated and published in Japan, so I included the English version as well.
The fitness section is followed by a smattering of posts about freelance writing, content strategy, and content marketing–from the sophisticated to the nitty gritty. I hope you find something highly useful for wherever you’re at with your business or brand. Enjoy!
- Improve Your Golf Swing (Experience Life) I share a workout designed by Chris Poulin to improve your strength and mobility and prevent injuries that could put a crimp in your golf game.
- 5 Ways You’re Wasting Your Workouts (Men’s Fitness) Brian Tabor, Adam Gilbert, and Nick Tuminiello share their tips for fixing those bad habits that are killing your results.
- Restoring Smooth Movement (Japanese Journal of Acupuncture and Manual Therapies) This piece, originally published in the November/December 2012 issue of Massage & Bodywork, was translated into Japanese–and republished! (I linked to the original–in English).
- 8 Jedi Mind Tricks for Freelancers (and Star Wars Nerds) (The Freelancer) Cynthia Morris and Pam Slim shared their insight for this one.
- When Should You Turn Down Freelance Work (The Freelancer) I spoke with writing coach Marla Beck for this piece.
- Bot Traffic May Be Ruining Your Content Strategy and Google Knows It (Content Strategist) Andy Crestodina and others helped me make sense of Google’s new bot filter.
- Serious About Brand Publishing? Don’t Send a Copywriter to do a Journalist’s Job (Content Strategist) Nice distinctions, as shared by Duy Linh Tu and Stephen Doig.
- Ferguson Shows the Dark Side of Algorithms, Bright Side of Twitter (Content Strategist)
- Native Advertising vs. Sponsored Content: What’s the Difference? (G/O Digital) This was actually published in July, but I did not post it last month.
- 3 Easy Ways to Increase Site Conversions (VerticalResponse)
- 3 Highly Effective Word of Mouth Marketing Tactics (VerticalResponse) Brad Fay shares some of his favorites.
- 5 Small Businesses Excelling on Social (VerticalResponse)
- 4 Steps to Creating Advantageous Advertorials (VerticalResponse)