Children of the Night Fundraiser A Success
I’m pleased to report that we raised a grand total of $1600 for Children of the Night. I just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who contributed, whether by making a monetary donation, providing a gift for contributors, or simply helping spread the word. Your support means so much to me but even more to Children of the Night. In fact, I received a phone call from founder Lois Lee herself to express her gratitude for the effort. Thank you from both of us.
I can’t explain how much it means to me to not only be able to help make a huge difference in the lives of these young people, but to honor Chris McBride’s memory. Having said that, the process wasn’t entirely smooth, and I’m working on a blog post about everything I learned (and all the people who helped me through my assorted meltdowns). It will hopefully shed some light on the process, and potential pitfalls, and help you with your next fundraising effort.
If You’re In New York on Friday night…
I’ll be attending an event with Steven Greenhouse (and in conjunction with the Pay the Writer campaign) at the National Writers Union office…and you should come out. Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/394631893923200/.
- Pain Relief Postures is an article about Alexander Technique, which I wrote for the Holistic Healing section of Energy Times magazine.
- Natural Networker is a piece I wrote about Teresa Thomas of Women in Networking for Savvy.MN. It has some good tips for networking in general, no matter where you live.
- How Food And Clothing Sizes and Labels Affect What We Eat And What We Wear. Hint: calling something small doesn’t make it so.
- The Breast T-Shirts For Big Monster Super Jugs. (Speaking of sizes and labels). Totally good to know!
- Barack Obama Is Tired Of Your Shit. Which of these will be your new ringtone?
- How To Get Google Maps Back After iOS 6 Update. “Apple is hoping that the millions of users that have their new mapping system on their phones will help them ‘improve’ the quality of the information by tapping on the ‘Report a Problem’ button that exists in the details of any location pin when they find something wrong (crowdsourcing). I think if they had been more up front about the need for help in getting their mapping data cleaned up, they would have had a more sympathetic audience.” Um, yeah!
- The Wishing/Doing Gap. Words of wisdom from Seth Godin.
- Should I Work For Free? A great flowchart to follow.
- Make It Happen and
- Budget-Friendly Balsamic Mustard Chicken and Oven Roasted Bacon Veggies. (And speaking of bacon, I hear that there will be no bacon shortage. Whew.)