I’ve got a boatload of good reading material for you this week! Check ‘em out:
Media & Journalism
- What Klout Scores Say and Don’t Say About Media Influence is a really interesting piece about Klout, written by Susan Johnston. I was one of several writers interviewed for the piece.
- Rules That Eat Your Brain. For grammarians.
- How To Succeed In Journalism When You Can’t Afford an Internship. Hint: trust fund.
- How To Stop Yourself From Being Bored While Writing. Not that any of us have ever had that problem.
- How One Writer Pulled Out of Depression and Grew an Income. Nice post by Sarah Protzman Howlett.
- Are You Too Drunk To Edit? I have asked myself that question.
- Glass Shape Influences How We Drink Alcohol. Apparently you drink more if you don’t know how much you’re drinking.
Food & Recipes
- Hunting the Right Way: An Interview With Steven Rinella. My latest piece for the Performance Menu–yours for $2.75. Yes, we talked about getting the good meat, even if you’re not a hunter.
- Farm-to-Table Dinner Raids and Government Attacks on Small Farmers — AKA Why We Need The Farm-t0-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (Warning: this opens right up to a loud video)
I Can’t Figure Out How to Not Combine Fighting and Steroids…
- Stanford Researchers’ Cooling Glove ‘Better Than Steroids’ – and Helps Solve Physiological Mystery, Too.
- Haven’t We All Done Steroids, In A Way? (an Onion parody)
- Awesome Girls Save 7-Year Old By Fighting Off Kidnapper With Their Bare Hands. That would be a 12 and a 9-year old who tried to pull the victim away from the suspect, who released the girl and drove off. Bad. Ass.
- My weekly women’s MMA column
Some Other Stuff
- A Better Way To Practice… with more bang for your buck.
- Scientists Find Cause for Rosacea, and It’s Terrifying. Not for the squeamish.