Happy 4th of July, everyone! I only have 12 posts for you this week–since I’ve been loading up on excerpts and links and all, I didn’t want to repeat them. Here’s some thought-provoking articles and a whole lot of humor. Enjoy!
- Why I Love America. I post Inga’s beautiful piece, excerpted from Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed Devil, each 4th of July.
- One-One Hundredth of A Second Faster: Building Better Olympic Athletes is a really fascinating Wired feature written by Mark McClusky.
- Sh*t Weightlifter Girls Say. This is super funny.
- Volleyball: China Blames Loss On Toxic Pork Fears. “Chinese coach Yu Juemin said the team lost because the players were weak from not eating pork – the staple meat for most Chinese, for three weeks as they played in various cities around China, the Beijing News said.” The meat was contaminated with clenbuterol…isn’t that a PED?
Bad Sex Tips = Hysterical Blog Posts
- “All We Need Is 250 Votes…” Seth Godin takes people to task over all of these requests for signatures we’ve been getting…
- The Money-Empathy Gap. How does having money change the way you act?
- What Exactly Is Obamacare and What Did It Change? Explained in laymen terms for a broad audience.
- UFC 148 Preview: Sonnen vs. Silva is my preview for GuySpeed for the main card.
- The Last Emperor: A Retrospective is a nice look back at Fedor Emelianenko’s career, with Sherdog writers (myself included) sharing their favorite memories of the stoic heavyweight phenom.