Some really great posts this week! As requested by a reader, I’ve asterisked pieces I wrote myself or that I contributed to. Enjoy.
Finally! Some Good News!
- You Don’t Have To Be Pretty. Whew!
- Ill Doctrine: All These Sexist Gamer Dudes Are Some Shook Ones. Okay, sexism isn’t good news, but the existence of this video on “why dudes need to tell other dudes to stop making asses of themselves on the internet” is.
- 9-year-old Who Changed School Lunches Silenced By Politicians. That’s the bad news, but the forces of good prevailed; updates included.
- Paper Darts: Captured Dreams* is a free PDF of a collaborative project we made during Northern Spark… a one-night magazine put together as part of an annual active celebration of creativity and art. I have a piece in here, too.
- Tiny Dogs Visit Allen Christian’s House of Balls. I hope this video makes you as happy as it makes me.
- How I Fell For My Complete Opposite. I read this to figure out how Steve Rinella got into Glamour magazine. It’s a beautiful story.
- She’s Innocent. We’re Guilty. Wild dogs DO eat babies!
- Re-touching the Consequences of Extreme Thinness. Reverse photoshopping.
- It’s Not About the Lab Rats. Great piece on Lance Armstrong and where the money for his charity goes…
- The Fall of the Creative Class. Or is there one? Fascinating piece by Frank Bures in this amazing new local (Twin Cities) magazine.
- The Irrationality of Sports Betting. Podcast with Dan Ariely.
- What The Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast. I need to get up earlier.
- Speed Workouts X 3*. My latest for Experience Life.
- More Proof That Exercise Buffers Stress. (But we knew that.)
- Free 3-Month Performance Menu Trial.* You know you want it!
- Why The Word Paleo Gets Made Fun Of. Clifton Harski hits the nail on the head.