It’s always hard to collect links while traveling, and I’ll have plenty more resources and information to share in a round-up post, but for now, here’s what caught my eye or is worth paying attention to…
Health and Wellness (in the broad sense)
- The Worst Habits For Your Heart by Lisa Collier Cool–some of these may surprise you!
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: EWG Cleaners Database. Some products to avoid.
- Want to Boost Your Productivity? Seek a Whole Life by Vicki Salemi. Some counterintuitive tips which will make your freelancing (or other work) more productive.
- Where Creativity and Sport Intersect: A Conversation With Jonah Lehrer is my latest piece for the Performance Menu: Journal of Health and Athletic Excellence…and one of my favorite interviews I’ve ever done. It is $2 without a subscription, but I promise it’s well worth it.
- The World’s Longest Invoice: $14,395,427 held hostage by deadbeat clients. A campaign by the Freelancers Union.
- Chicago Sun-Times Columnist Joe Cowley Rides a Play, Degrades Women Everywhere by Sean Newell. In the words of Erik Malinowski, “If you’ve dreamed about being a Chicago Sun-Times columnist, there might be an opening soon.”
- Why Afghan Women Risk Death to Write Poetry is a moving piece by Eliza Griswold.
- Scarce Copy of “The Blind Pugilist” Sees Light of Day by Stephen Gertz. If you’re into boxing memorabilia, you’ll love this.
- The English Language in 24 Accents. So this guy does 24 accents in a great YouTube video.