- Letters of Note: To My Old Master. A letter from a former slave to his master. Love this.
- 5 Questions That Could Change Your Life. A nice recap of Byron Katie’s work.
- Please Don’t Punch Me in the Head During Sex! This xoJane piece is hysterical.
- Incident Report – Police – City of Madison, Wisconsin. Who knew an incident report could be so interesting?
- Could A Club Drug Offer ‘Almost Immediate’ Relief From Depression? Wow, a horse tranquilizer which causes memory issues and bladder problems? This is freaking me out.
Media and PR
- Among the Junketeers: 90 Hours in Vegas Selling Out Hard will make you think twice about signing up for that free media trip.
- Your PR Efforts May Be Hurting You explains why you shouldn’t send a press release out for every little thing.
- How To Be A Freelance Writer. This is tongue-in-cheek. Or is it?
- Putting a Price on Your Work. Always a toughie.
- Summoning A Villain is my profile on Mike Pierce for Sherdog. Pierce is fighting Josh Koscheck this Saturday at UFC 143.
- Fightergirls.com – Weekly Women’s MMA Wrap-Up: January 30, 2012. My weekly column on women’s mixed martial arts.
- Why the sports media is turning their fire on UFC. Interesting analysis.
- The February issue of The Performance Menu: Journal of Health & Athletic Excellence is now out! Matt Foreman shares his words of wisdom on competing under pressure and changing your mental outlook over time, new contributor Steve Barnell writes about adding strength training to your endurance routine, Ryan Kyle discusses Bulgarian weightlifting training, Ryan Atkins reviews Wheat Belly, and I explain the pros and cons of 23andMe DNA decoding. Plus Q+A with Greg and Aimee and Paleo recipes by Scotty. Yours for $7 or with a $30/yr monthly subscription.
- Got a favorite fitness blog? Nominate it on Breaking Muscle’s contest.