- The December issue of the The Performance Menu: Journal of Health & Athletic Excellence is out! My piece is about picking yourself up after a loss; I spoke with sports psychologists Brady Greco and Dr. Kate Hays for their knowledge and expertise. The issue is packed with goodness. Greg Everett discusses 18-week programs and fixing the clean, Matt Foreman talks about missed attempts in training, Ryan Kyle describes emerging superstars in world weightlifting, Ryan Atkins explains the play day as a programming tool to maximize results and Sean Greeley gives biz strategies on getting more money flowing in your gym. Plus recipes by Scotty Hagnas. I made the pumpkin kale stew last night, and it was good.
- Robb Wolf critiques CrossFit. Not all Crossfit gyms, so calm down.
- PatchFitness is a pretty cool site Ryan Atkins turned me on to. I wish there was one in Minneapolis!
- The Hidden Power of Smiling. A nice 7-minute TED video about the benefits.
- Most of my MMA articles this week were revealing fights: Kaitlin Young vs. Anna Barone and Rose Namajunas vs. Heather Bassett being the most noticeable.
- I also interviewed Cung Le before his last fight in a piece for Sherdog: Cung Le and His Final Frontier.
- Check out this video for some slick grappling by Red Schafer and Chris Senner at King Grappler (and not for the soundtrack). Great submissions and nice transitions.
- Trotter’s Cafe: Try the West African sweet potato stew. If you’re local.
- Top 10 weirdest foods you can buy from a vending machine. Kind of fun.
- Clothes made of milk? Now you can wear your dairy. If you’re rich, anyway…
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- 7 Myths Mythbusters Proved That We Still Can’t Believe Are True . Well slap some sense into me!
- You are dying, and your world is a lie. From Johnny B Truant.
SMALL BIZ STUFF
- High Integrity, Moral Decency Has Cost Idiot Man Millions. This is from the Onion, but is too apropos not to include.
- The Entrepreneurial Generation. Interesting…
- Yoga Girl – Music Video. Namaste.
- The 10 best charts and graphs that mock the Twilight series. Because you’ve got to.