This week’s Variety Hour features links on overtraining, making deals, getting annoyed and whether or not that waitress was actually hitting on you. There’s also a recipe and links to two pieces of mine: an article on adapting BJJ for self-defense and a blog post on this really awesome BJJ gym I visited in Milwaukee. Check it out.
- Time Kills Deals, And 7 Other Points On Making It Happen. Danielle LaPorte’s words of wisdom on signing that contract or firming up that project.
- Overtraining: Myths, Facts and Fantasies. Do you think you might be workingyourself a bit too hard? Read this piece in Experience Life for some background knowledge.
- Alan Watts On Conforming To Society. Alan Watts is the antidote to moodiness and depression. Great video.
- You Bug Me: Now Science Explains Why. Why is one half of a cell phone conversation or the sound of a mosquito so annoying?
- America’s Waitresses: Are They Hitting On You? What do you think? Always a good idea to go to the Onion to find out.
- Sweet potato, Bacon and Egg Salad. My boyfriend made this, and I ate so much that I had to make more. Definitely the recipe of the week. Doubling it is a good idea.
Shameless Self Promotion
- Chikara magazine published my piece, From The Ground Up: How To Defend Yourself At Your Most Vulnerable. There’s also a beautiful PDF version.
- I visited the coolest BJJ gym in Milwaukee and wrote all about it for MMA HQ. Red Schafer MMA Rocks Milwaukee.
- For those of you who live in the Twin Cities, BodyTribe will be doing a Brutal Recess clinic on the 31st from 1-3:30 at the Athlete Lab on 3225 Country Drive in Little Canada. $40 fee. Be there!
- Stay tuned to this site for some really great information on search engine optimization (SEO). We’ll first discuss SEO for brick and mortar businesses (those with physical locations) and then expand into SEO for online businesses. I’ll be offering a big discount on SEO consults as well. Make sure to keep checking back.